No recipe today as I’m either in Edinburgh or York by the time you’re reading this. Luckily, however, I’ve been tagged once more! This time, it’s Kate over at Pink Whisk, who’s passing on the torch, so here are the rules…
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Share the five top places on your ‘want to see or want to see again’ list.
4. Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.
OK then, hold on to your hats, here are five random or weird things about moi:
1. When I was little, I was absolutely terrified of Dr Bunsen from the Muppets. Like wake-up-in-the-dark-screaming scared. There were no eyes behind his glasses, people, and that was creepy as hell to a small child with an overactive imagination.
2. I know how to card and spin wool and weave the Viking way. Follies of a mis-spent youth. Very smelly but the lanolin made my hands wonderfully soft.
3. I have a tattoo. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes I don’t. Mostly I forget about it because it’s on my back.
4. My eyes are sort of greeny-brown, depending on the light. My husband wastes endless amounts of time trying to link my changing eye colour to
my erratic mood swings, er, how I’m feeling at any given time. Thus far, he has been completely unsuccessful.
5. I can’t swim. But I’m going along to swimming classes and, for the first time ever, I’m starting to enjoy the sensation of being in the water. It’s a revelation.
Top five places that I’ve seen or would like to see again…
Italy – Oh yes. I mean, look at this slightly blurry photo and tell me you don’t feel the need to book a ticket on the next flight out to Florence:
America – I’ve never been and would love to.
Spain – My cousin lives in Barcelona, I’ve promised to visit, but somehow have never managed it yet. For shame.
Stonehenge – I’ve been there during the daytime (it’s smaller than you think) but there’s a bit of hippy in here somewhere that wants to see the sun come up over the standing stones. Maybe sacrifice a few virgins while I’m there.
The Dingle Peninsula – One of my favourite places in Ireland. Nothing like sitting on the cliffs on a sunny day, tucking into a picnic and admiring the nearby Blasket Islands.
And now to pass on the love:
VeggieKate – can’t believe she’s escaped so far…
English Mum – returning the favour after being tagged by her last time 😉
Peter at Kalofagas – his recipes always look delicious and I enjoy following his exploration of Greek food
Yvonne at It Had Better Be Good – this meme could be either be a welcome or unwanted distraction from editing her first novel…
You – ok, I’m being a bit lazy but if you’re in the mood to meme, consider yourself tagged!